Wednesday, November 01, 2006

EVERY LITTLE MINUTIA YOUR CHILD/GRANDCHILD DOES

Alright, I realize that I am at an age when the people I consider friends are starting to have babies and I myself don't have one. I don't know if this is just the last ten or so years that this has become a problem nay epidemic, but it's got to stop.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING YOUR CHILD DOES THAT YOU THINK IS ADORABLE.

Every kid takes a shit, or calls the macaroni 'Dada' or thinks the picture in the den is scary. EVERY KID!

David Cross has a bit in his routine about this, and I whole heartily agree. We live in an age where pictures are digital and technology has made documenting this era virtually effortless. But I don't need to see daily snapshots of a kid - so that if I put them in a flip book I can see the child age or gradually gain weight.

With the constant bombardment of pictures, this kills any special moment people will have and to reflect on. Remember Billy's fist birthday - How can I forget - the pictures are sandwiched between the day before Billy's first bithday and the day after.

All kids dress up or pull the cat's tale, fart or eat the kitty litter. They are not stars in your little freak show. Leave them alone, they are going to grow up to be assholes from all the constant attention, gifts, pictures and babytalk.

When the kid writes their first symphony at age three - I'll listen to the hoopla. Until then, keep them as a footnote until they actually develop a personality and can be clever on purpose.

As well, let's think of what this does for the child. Constant flashes of light in their underdeveloped eyes on a constant basis is definately doing something to their rods and cones.

I look at all the kids out there that have developed seizures, or lazy eyes or ADD - Think about what you're doing to the kid. If you're unsure if this is a problem with your child, I'm sure you have pictures documenting their development through their entire life time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home