Wednesday, November 08, 2006

GROCERY STORE CHECKOUTS

I know I'm one to rant over the littlest things, well this is no exception. I'm buying some groceries so I can make dinner for my beloved and there are two people ahead of me. Well, my arms are full and I think I have something large and frozen like a turkey or a carton of ice cream or a Jewish woman.

Now the etiqutte for the conveyor belt is to place your items on the belt and have that plastic, peace-keeping divider between your items and the items the other person's items. This is imperitive if you don't want to pay for the person behind you's items. The thing is, people don't put their items down until the person has placed that plastic UN device that indicates world peace and unthoughtful people just sit and wait until the transaction of the last person is completely finished before the cashier does it themselves - thus leaving a vast expanse of converyor belt unused.

I find this inconsiderate. I can promise, nay GUARANTEE that the person in front of me will not pay for any of my groceries, whatsoever, and I can GUARANTEE that I won't pay for your groceries - EVER. So what's the lallygagging around the conveyor belt. Put you items down, make the person in front of you move the UN divider, so people can buy their groceries in the swiftest way possible and get home to make dinner for their beloved.

If this doesn't bug you, then you are the one who is doing it. Stop it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home