Friday, June 13, 2008

Davenport-Campbell Heating and Air Conditioning is quick to take your money but slow to give you service.

I spent $28,559.58 and paid in full to have Davenport-Campbell Heating and Air Conditioning of Markham install a water radiator system in my 1700 sq ft house, which they finished on or about October 2, 2007.
Due to improper installation admitted by Davenport-Campbell, my first Hydro bill was $3,233.00.

My wife called this to the attention of Bill Stephens, our contact person at Davenport-Campbell, but 5 months later I still have not received satisfaction in correcting the problem.

Davenport-Campbell improperly installed a part that allowed the hot water boiler to run full blast 24 hours a day. The estimated use for this house by Hydro One was 115 kWh a day, and the actual first reading showed 674 kWh a day.
Davenport-Campbell also installed two over sized radiators of 6 feet each in the garage with no valves to adjust the temperature, which heated the entire double car garage to the temperature of a sauna with no way to turn it down.
On January 29 and 30, 2008, my wife called our contact Bill Stephens from Davenport-Campbell, but received no return call. After calling on January 31, 2008, Bill called to say he would send a technician on February 6 at 1 pm. The technician never arrived and didn't even telephone.

On February 7, 2008, my wife called Bill to say the technician never showed up. She didn't receive an apology. Bill said that he would send Cliff the technician on February 13. The technician arrived but left without offering a solution.
After calling Bill Stephens again, my wife was told that he, Cliff the technician, and a representative from the boiler manufacturer would come up on Tuesday March 4, 2008. When my wife called on March 3, 2008, she left a message to get a time of arrival, but Bill did not return the call. My wife finally called Andrew Bowker, Vice President, who said he would page Bill Stephens and have him call. Bill never called, and never showed up with anyone on March 4, 2008. In fact Bill did not call again until June 2008.

In frustration, my wife called Andrew Bowker, Vice President who said to put her complaints in a letter.
After writing the letter to Andrew in April 2008, my wife called him several times in May 2008, and was always put off until finally on May 29, 2008 when my wife reached Andrew he hung up on her two times. Then my wife called Bill Stephens, who also hung up on her.

Davenport-Campbell boasts that it offers a 2 year labour warranty. As far as I’m concerned it might as well be 10 years since they don’t seem to honour it. So if you’re looking for heating and air conditioning, I suggest you avoid Davenport-Campbell.
A frustrated and disgruntled customer,

Rick Okada

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home